Methods to Remove Forgotten Patterns Lock in Android
Remove Forgotten Patterns Lock in Android – Method #1 (Hard Reset)
It’s the most prominent and easiest method to remove forgotten patterns lock in Android. In which I’ll help you to wipe all the data from your Android device which includes contacts, apps and so on (It’s the only disadvantage of using this method). If you follow this method then you should not need to follow the other two methods at all because this method is about factory resetting your Android device. However, if you don’t want to Factory reset your Android device then try the other two methods to remove forgotten patterns lock in Android.
Follow the steps below:
- Turn off your device
- Boot into Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously)
- Select wipe data/factory reset option. *Confirm
- If you have done factory reset, then select the Reboot your device from the menu
- You are all done.
Remove Forgotten Patterns Lock in Android – Method #2 (Using Gmail Account)
Maybe you have registered your device with Google account from where you usually install Android apps in your device. Then here if you are able to access your Gmail account then you can easily remove the forgotten pattern lock from your Android device. All you need to do is to go to the screen where the pattern lock is. Click on Forgot Pattern, where it will ask you to signin to your Gmail account by providing your email, password.
Once you done this process above, That’s all. If you are having any problem you can try another method to remove the forgotten patterns lock from your Android device or comment below so we can try to solve your issue.
Remove Forgotten Patterns Lock in Android – Method #3
- Connect your device with you PC via USB cord
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled in your device
- Now, go to RUN (by pressing Ctrl + R) and try CMD command
- Finally, type the following commands in the CMD window one after one
update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedout permanently’;
- Finally, after you done applying the mentioned commands above just reboot your device. Now, on switching on your device you will see a notice on pattern lock screen saying create a new pattern lock for your device
Note: Please read the disclaimer of our site before you follow any guide. But we are putting our best to add proper and accurate guides here.